Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Santa Sleigh Pegging Game

Bubble hasn't actually played with this yet so I'm not sure how it will go, but judging by the response the Fairy Toadstool Matching Mat recieved I am hoping she'll be a happy girl in the morning :-) We are learning the names of Santa's reindeer and I'm thinking this will be a fun little fine motor activity to go along with our song!
Apologies for the dark photos, I only just finished making this tonight.

WE USED:

* Reindeer pegs (I got these on sale at Myer last year, but you could draw your own on paper or directly onto plain wooden pegs)
* Christmas themed pegs (ours were from The Toy Bug)
* cardboard (we used an old box)
* markers/textas/pencils
* scissors

Reindeer pegs just looking for a sleigh to pull :-)

Our Christmas themed pegs - we used the Santa and Rudolph ones from the pack.

On the cardboard I drew a sleigh including a long strip at the front where the reindeer can be clipped on. The thicker the cardboard is the better, I cut this from the side of a large packing box.


Santa on his little seat in the sleigh.

Room for eight reindeer (plus Rudolph of course!).


Set out waiting for Bubble to find them in the morning - I hope she has fun!

2 comments:

  1. So how did it go? Did the kids enjoy playing with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bubble loved it and has been doing it over again a few times a day, so we've been leaving it out on the table for her. Squeak had a look, waved it around a little and tossed it over her shoulder - bit of a tougher crowd! :-D

    ReplyDelete